Home Made Braided bread
Serving size: 4
Nutritional Value :
Energy: 2200 kcal
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp dry yeast
- Refined wheat flour (maida): 1 1/2 cup
- Milk: 5ml
- Oil:20 ml
- Onion: 10 gms
- Tomato: 10gms
- Other vegetables (optional)
- Take 1/2 cup lukewarm water.
- Add 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp dry yeast
- Keep aside for 15 minutes or till you see froth.
- Heat a pan
- Add oil and saute chopped onion till golden brown in color,add red chilli, and chopped tomato and add salt .
- Take 1 1/2 cup refined wheat flour.
- To this add salt
- Add above yeat mix
- Knead it with the help of milk
- Apply oil and knead again till is very soft
- Cover it with wet cloth and keep in microwave
- Keep aside for roughly 1 hour or till you see it has doubled
- Take it out
- Knead it again
- Divide in equal balls
- Roll into balls
- Dust maida on slab
- Roll out in oval shape and make stripes from both the sides with the help of knife.
- Place filling in between and criss-cross the stripes, overlapping the filling (braid it).
- Apply oil and milk on the top of it.
- Preheat oven for 10 minutes at 200 degree.
- Grease the tray
- Place the breaded bread
- Bake at 220 degree for 20-25 minutes.
About Dt. Vaishali Gaur
After her Graduation in Nutrition and Post Graduation in Dietetics and Public Health Nutrition from the prestigious Lady Irwin College, She has worked with Max Balaji Hospital , Pushpanjali Crosslay Hospital and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital.
For Inquiries please contact : email@example.com