Dietary Guidelines for school going children
School going children are at a phase of rapid growth.They are more active and require additional amount of nutrition.You might be facing problem in planning their meal, as they sometimes become stubborn of their choices or sometime they are in so much hurry that they skip their meal.
Remember if you will motivate your child to choose healthy options at early age, the chances are higher that he will stick to them through out his life.
- First and the foremost comes breakfast,this is the most important meal for your child.It will boost up his energy stores and will help him concentrate better in school.So don’t let your child skip breakfast.
- Plan small,handy meals .Mostly children do not like proper dal, roti type of meal.They prefer something that they can pick and go to play.So preferably prepare something like stuffed roti roll by adding more of vegetables.
- Encourage him to drink a lot of water.Try to change flavour by making lemonade , fresh fruit and vegetable juices, etc.
- Limit intake of fast food and junk food, Prefer cooking them at home by making healthier alterations in the receipe.Junk food causes diabetes,heart problems,dental problems etc. Mainly provides high calorie and lacks in essential vitamins and minerals.
- Prefer cooking techniques like steaming,boiling, broiling, and avoid deep fried and semi fried cooking.
- Prefer freshly prepared juices rather than packed juices.
- Include protein and calcium rich food in diet like paneer, yoghut,milk,pulses,soya etc. To promote growth and development of your child.
- Add a variety of vegetables and fruit in his diet.
- Always motivate your child to eat from family’s pot.
After her Graduation in Nutrition and Post Graduation in Dietetics and Public Health Nutrition from the prestigious Lady Irwin College, She has worked with Max Balaji Hospital , Pushpanjali Crosslay Hospital and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital.
For Inquiries please contact : email@example.com