Adai receipe ( low calorie, diabetic friendly , healthy meal)
Preparation time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 20 mins, Makes 8 servings
Nutrient Value per serving:
Protein: 6.2 gms
Fat: 2.8 gms
Calcium: 11.2 mg
2 tbsp rice
3 tbsp masoor dal
3 tbsp green moong dal
1 tbsp urad dal
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
a pinch of asfoetida
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1/2 tsp grated ginger
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
2 tsp oil
salt to taste
- Wash and soak the rice, dals and fenugreek seeds in water in seperate vessels for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the rice, dals, fenugreek seeds and asfoetida with enough water and blend in a mixer to smooth paste.
- Add the green chillies , ginger, coriander, salt and a little water if required and mix well.
- Heat a non- stick pan and grease it lightly with oil.
- Spread 2 tablespoon of the batter to form an adai of 100mm diameter.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown using little oil.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more adais.
- Serve hot with chutney.
After her Graduation in Nutrition and Post Graduation in Dietetics and Public Health Nutrition from the prestigious Lady Irwin College, She has worked with Max Balaji Hospital , Pushpanjali Crosslay Hospital and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital.
For Inquiries please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org